Date: Sun 20th October 2019   Kick Off: 3.00pm  

Venue: Park View Road, Welling, Kent. DA16 1SY

Competition: Kent Senior Trophy - 1st Round

HT: 0-3  FT: 0-6              

Attendance: 50

Lordswood badge final-01-1.png


1. Rilwan Anibaba

2. Jordan Samuel  YC 88

3. Taylor Fisher

4. Emmanuel Maja

5. Jai McKinlay

6. Rob Gillman

7. Shaike Kamara  SUB 57

8. Jamie Taylor  SUB 70

9. Luke Medley  GOALS 69, 76, 84

10. Felix Ogeah  GOAL 19  SUB 45

11. Josh Jackson  GOAL 13

12. Michael Kuku  SUB 57

14. Danny Patterson  SUB 70

15. Antwon McKenzie  SUB 45

16. Juljano Marku

17. Kayne Francis



Following a rather forgettable September, Lordswood secured back to back victories for the first time this season with a comprehensive 6-0 thumping of Erith & Belvedere to progress into the 2nd Round of the Kent Senior Trophy.

Boss Darren Anslow made 4 changes to the lineup that beat Bearsted the previous Saturday. Emmanuel Maja returned to the side following his suspension, with the suspended Marlon Patterson making way. New signing Taylor Fisher made his debut at left back, whilst Jamie Taylor and Josh Jackson both returned to the starting XI having featured previously as substitutes.

Typically there has always been goals between these two sides and this game was no exception, although the opening 10 minutes perhaps hinted otherwise with neither side really testing each other, and it was the Deres who chanced their arm first with a long range effort sailing well over Rilwan Anibaba's crossbar.

That being said, it was Lordswood who were starting to look more dangerous with Shaike Kamara looking to be a major thorn in the Deres defence. And it was indeed from Kamara's efforts that Lordswood broke the deadlock on 13 minutes.  Collecting the ball out wide on the right he ran with menace at the defence crossing the pitch before laying a simple pass into the path of Josh Jackson to the left of the penalty spot and he made no mistake firing high into the near top corner and giving Dan Teeley in the Deres goal no chance.

Just six minutes later and the lead was doubled. Kamara once again the architect as he played a neat one-two with Jordan Samuel, Samuel then splitting the centre-half and left back with a perfectly weighted pass for Kamara to latch onto, and his low cross from the byeline was met by the deftest of touches from Felix Ogeah and the ball found the bottom corner via the far post.

Lordswood were playing some neat and attractive passing football and getting great joys from both wings, and they went close to a third when Jackson's effort smacked the far post and deflected away to safety.

It wasn't long until Lordswood scored again. Kamara and Samuel once again combining superbly down the right and this time it was Samuel's delivery into the box that was deflected into the net by the hapless Deres centre-half.

To their credit, the Deres heads didn't drop and they went incredibly close to pulling a goal back when miscommunication between Anibaba and Jai McKinlay allowed Hutton to get in behind the defence but his effort went just past the upright. Pope-Campbell then found himself well placed to the left of the goal but screwed his shot horribly wide when a simple pass across the goal may have seen a better outcome.

With a matter of minutes left until half-time, Erith & Belvedere found themselves down to 10 men in rather bizarre circumstances. Looking to substitute Francisco Etame, the striker appeared to react badly and a scuffle ensued in the Deres dugout between the player and the Deres manager. Before the substitution could be completed, the referee brandished a red card at Etame swiftly followed by a red card for manager Owen Jones.

Lordswood made an enforced substitution with new signing Antwon McKenzie coming on for the injured Ogeah, and just before half-time Lordswood really should have had a fourth goal.  Luke Medley powered his way through the Deres defence and with only Teeley to beat he dragged his shot horribly wide of the post.

Lordswood continued the 2nd half in much the same vein as the first, and with the Deres only having 10 men and looking for any way back into the game, it was only a matter of time before more gaps would appear for Lordswood to try and exploit. 

Teeley was called into action several times, making smart stops from Jackson and Medley, before Kamara was substituted for Michael Kuku. Kuku slotted into the left side of midfield with Jackson switching over to the right.

It was a case of not if but when Lordswood would score again and Medley duly obliged on 69 minutes.  Jackson was the chief architect as he used some fancy footwork to pass the ball inside and Medley cut the ball onto his left foot before fizzing in a low effort from 20 yards that found the bottom right hand corner.

Anslow used this opportunity to make his final substitution with Danny Patterson coming on for Jamie Taylor and just 7 minutes later Medley scored his 2nd of the afternoon and Lordswood's fifth. Jackson was again involved as he cut in from the right and saw his left footed effort deflected into the path of Medley on the penalty spot, and he made no mistake to find the net.  Despite the assistant referee raising his flag for offside, the referee overruled him and gave the goal.

With 6 minutes remaining and just 15 minutes after his first goal, Medley completed his hattrick.  The impressive Maja split the defence with a perfectly weighted throughball and Medley running from inside his own half latched onto it and with only Teeley to beat he coolly passed the ball into the corner of the net.

Lordswood advance into the 2nd round and will await the draw to find out who their next opponents will be.