Date: Sat 17th August 2019 KO: 3.00pm  

Venue: Erith Stadium, Avenue Road, Erith, Kent. DA8 3AT

Competition: SCEFL Premier Division

HT: 0-2   FT: 3-3                 

Attendance: 44

Lordswood badge final-01-1.png


1. Rilwan Anibaba  RC FT

2. Alexander Brefo  YC 45

3. Sheriff-Deen Babatunde  YC 73

4. Marlon Patterson

5. Jai McKinlay

6. Rob Gillman  YC 82

7. Jordan Samuel  Sub 83

8. Jamie Taylor  YC 67  Sub 76

9. Daniel Pepple  Goal 42&75  Sub 76

10. Klaudio Krasniqi

11. Tyler Anderson-Parr  Goal 36

12. Felix Ogeah  Sub 76

14. Michael Kuku  Sub 83

15. Luke Medley  Sub 76

16. Shaike Kamara

17. Callum Edwards

erith town.jpg


It was a matter of points dropped for Lordswood today as they contrived to throw away a 2 goal lead with just minutes remaining of the match as a lack of discipline cost them dear.

Darren Anslow made a couple of changes from the side that lost in the Emirates FA Cup last week.  Sheriff-Deen Babatunde made his first start for the club at the expense of Michael Kuku, whilst youngster Daniel Pepple started up front in place of Luke Medley.

The end of the game was a far cry from what was experienced in the opening 45 minutes as the Lords pretty much dominated proceedings and perhaps should have killed the game off as a contest by half-time.

Despite this, Erith actually went closest to opening the deadlock. A freekick delivered from the left was met by an unmarked Erith head, but the ball sailed high over the crossbar from close range.

Lordswood rallied well and started to dictate the game.  Captain Klaudio Krasniqi intercepted a loose ball in the centre circle before powerfully surging forward and unleashing a shot from 25 yards which narrowly went wide of the post.  Jamie Taylor speculatively fired well over from 20 yards after the Lords had worked the ball forward with some neat passing.

Taylor tried his luck again from range but his effort was deflected wide for a corner.  The resulting set-piece was partially cleared by Erith and Krasniqi's cross into the box was met by the head of Alexander Brefo but Adam Molloy in the Erith goal was able to gather comfortably.

Jordan Samuel was next up to try his luck, receiving the ball after an excellent run from Tyler Anderson-Parr, but his effort too went harmlessly over the bar.

Taylor once again fired over the bar following some excellent work by Samuel on the right wing and then Krasniqi had an effort blocked following some great link up play with Brefo and Samuel.

Lordswood finally got the goal that their possession deserved on 36 minutes. Brefo making a meaningful run forward laid the ball off to Krasniqi on the edge of the area, he in turn passed back to Anderson-Parr who then advanced forward before unleashing a 25 yard effort which whistled into the net with Molloy rooted to the spot.

Six minutes later and Lordswood had doubled their lead.  Krasniqi the architect once again as he split the defence with an excellent throughball to send Pepple clear through on goal, and the young striker continued his good form from pre-season to clinically finish past Molloy.

Lordswood started the second half in good form, and Pepple really should have done better after he nutmegged the Erith right back to find himself with a clear shot on goal, but he lacked composure and lashed his effort over the bar.

Erith looked to find a way back in the game and a free-kick delivered into the area from the right wasn't dealt with by the Lordswood defence, but a weak shot from the Town attack resulted in a goal-kick.  Minutes later however, and Erith found themselves back in the game.  Another freekick conceded on the right was delivered in to the area, and with the defence flatfooted, Henry Dasofunjo was able to run across the box and glance a free header into the far corner.

Erith were now in the ascendency and Russell Bedford will wonder how he didn't level the scores as he lashed a loose ball just over the bar from inside the box.

Pepple then spurned a glorious chance to restore Lordswood's two goal advantage.  Krasniqi's superb ball over the top saw Pepple beat the offside trap and head clear through on goal.  This time though Molloy was equal to his shot and beat his effort away.

Erith again went close, when Michael Power rose highest to meet a cross from the right but he could only guide the ball over the crossbar.

But it was Lordswood to strike next. Tyler Anderson-Parr collected Rob Gillman's knock down on the edge of his own area before advancing forward and sending a perfectly weighted throughball between the Erith defence for Pepple to run clear through on goal.  With Molloy coming out to narrow the angle, Pepple made no mistake as he struck the ball home from just inside the area and restored Lordswood's two goal advantage.

Anslow brought on Felix Ogeah and Luke Medley in place of Pepple and Taylor, and Medley was soon in the thick of the action, delivering an excellent cross from the left which was met by the head of Samuel at the far post but his effort went wide.  Krasniqi then found himself clear of the defence but his effort was well saved by the legs of Molloy.

With three minutes of the game left, Lordswood conceded a penalty.  A hopeful ball forward by Erith was allowed to bounce by Gillman and his attempted header went backwards where an Erith forward and Jai McKinlay came together and with the Erith player falling to the floor, the referee pointed to the spot to give a dubious spotkick.  In the moments leading up to the penalty being taken Marlon Patterson was sent to the sinbin for dissent which left Lordswood with 10 men for the remainder of the game.  Michael Power stepped up and made no mistake as he fired his effort to Rilwan Anibaba's left, despite the keeper going the right way.


Erith were sensing their opportunity to get something out of the game and Lordswood substitute Michael Kuku was in the right place at the right time to clear off the line.


Disaster struck for the Lords as the game ticked into time added on. The defence failing to clear it's lines and Jack Clark fired an unstoppable effort across Anibaba that went in via the far post.


Lordswood attempted to rally and Kuku did well to keep the ball in down the left wing and found Medley on the edge of the box whose effort was comfortably gathered by Molloy.


As the fulltime whistle went, Anibaba was booked by the referee for something he said, and minutes later he was then shown a red card, again for something he said to the officials.