Date: Sat 3rd August 2019  KO: 3.00pm  

Venue: Martyn Grove, North Dane Way, Chatham, Kent. ME5 8YE

Competition: SCEFL Premier Division

HT: 2-1  FT: 3-1                 

Attendance: 52


1. Rilwan Anibaba              YC 60

2. Juljano Marku

3. Michael Kuku                 Sub 67

4. Jamie Taylor                  Goal 44 Sub 76

5. Alex Brefo

6. Rob Gillman

7. Jordan Samuel

8. Marlon Patterson           Goal 35

9. Daniel Pepple                 Sub 73

10. Klaudio Krasniqi

11. Tyler Anderson-Parr

12. Jai McKinlay

14. Sheriff-Deen Babatunde  Sub 67

15. Felix Ogeah                   Sub 76

17. Harry Towner

18. Luke Medley                  Sub 73 Goal 87

Lordswood badge final-01-1.png


Darren Anslow started his Lordswood management career with a bang after his charges came back from behind to beat Glebe and top the table after the first round of SCEFL Premier Division fixtures.

Anslow had some difficult decisions to make prior to the game having overseen an excellent pre-season performance on Monday night against Phoenix Sports, and that resulted in the more experienced Sheriff-Deen Babatunde, Jai McKinlay, Felix Ogeah and Luke Medley being named on the bench in favour of Michael Kuku, Alex Breffo, Jamie Taylor and Daniel Pepple.

Lordswood settled the better in the opening minutes and really should have taken the lead when fullback Juljano Marku skipped down the right wing and his excellent low cross found captain Klaudio Krasniqi at the back post but he could only steer his shot across the keeper and narrowly past the post.

Glebe, however, struck first blood with a goal in the 7th minute.  Kuku guilty of giving away a foul outside the box and the delivery into the area was met by Scott Kinch who appeared to be afforded a couple of bites of the cherry before forcing the ball home from close range. 

Importantly, Lordswood didn't let their heads drop and continued to probe forwards.  Tyler Anderson-Parr and Jordan Samuel were starting to find ways forward on their respective wings and it was Samuel who delivered from the right but Pepple saw his attempted shot blocked and cleared from danger.

Anderson-Parr then burst through on the left, his attempted cross was blocked and the loose ball fell invitingly for Krasniqi but his first time effort was blocked by a defender with the keeper beaten and once again Glebe cleared their lines.

Lordswood were handed a lifeline after the half hour mark when they were awarded a penalty.  Marku, Pepple and Samuel combined superbly on the right and Samuel's cross was spilled by Glebe Keeper Nick Blue who then clumsily fouled Krasniqi as he attempted to gather the loose ball.  After a few minutes stoppage for Blue to receive treatment, Marlon Patterson stepped up and coolly sent Blue the wrong way to find the bottom corner and level the scores.

With the game heading towards half-time, Lordswood took the lead.  Anderson-Parr again burst forward into the box but was halted by a good tackle.  Pepple showed great industry to reach the loose ball before passing back to Jamie Taylor. Taylor took one touch to set himself before firing an unstoppable shot from 30 yards into the top corner with Blue a virtual spectator.

Lordswood came out for the second half and picked up where they left off.  Anderson-Parr shot over the bar from a central position before Samuel burst down the right, motoring past Agyemang and into the box but his low near-post shot was saved by Blue.  Pepple then shot narrowly over after cutting in from the right onto his left foot.

Anslow freshened things up bringing on Babatunde, Medley and Ogeah and it wasn't long before Medley was in on the action, combining with Anderson-Parr and seeing his shot blocked.  Ogeah then powerfully burst straight through the middle of the pitch but his effort from the edge of the box sailed over the bar.

Lordswood sewed matters up with 3 minutes remaining.  Keeper Rilwan Anibaba pinging a superb ball out of his area which dropped over Medley's shoulder into the Glebe box and Medley fired a first-time left footed half volley across Blue and into the far corner.

Early days for sure at Martyn Grove for Anslow, Owen Price and Rob Gillman, but there's plenty to be optimistic about for the season ahead.  The chance for a little cup run starts next Saturday when we welcome Steyning Town to the Grove for an Emirates FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie.